Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 8:

Day 8: A thank you letter to someone who has changed your life.

(I honestly don't want to choose just one person who has changed my life. All of my friends [especially the ones I consider my best friends] have changed an aspect of my life in some way.)

Dear Alexis,
We've known each other since we were just little kids. Way back when your dalmation Dotty got lost & came to my house. I still remember that. And I remember us sitting in the back of some truck & videoing each other with my camcorder. I'm so gonna look for those videos! You have been the BEST friend a person could ask for! I know I say how much people mean to me all the time, and it's very true-I love all of them as well, but you have been there for me through thick & thin. I literally can call you up at any time & if you are at home or actually see my call on your cell, you're there. I remember talking to you on the phone FOREVER one night. I HATE talking on the phone...but you're my best friend & I actually enjoyed talking to you. I remember all the time (some just recently) when we went over to swim in Sis. Joyce Carroll's pool. Those days are so much fun...and our vow to have tan legs by the end of this summer...yeahhh that's not really happened for me yet. I remember the night I collapsed in a fit of giggles on the floor & had a pillow over my face so you couldn't see me with your video camera...you yelled at me to move my hands so I waved them in front of me, pillow still over my face, screaming "LOOK! I'M MOVING MY HANDS!!!" I love that I can act that retarded with you. I remember the ONLY real fight we've had. We didn't last too long not talking to each other...it was some of the hardest couple of weeks I've been through. It broke my heart to not be able to tell you everything that was going on. But I don't blame you for it at all. It's made us both stronger people & even better friends And then there's the night you received the holyghost. I was so mad. haha. I didn't want you up there if you didn't want to be...and I didn't want to break down in front of the whole Higdon church & I knew that was what was going to happen. And sure enough, just a little bit after you were down there, you were up & you were so happy. I was happy for you but so scared. lol I remember my Aunt Marie (I think) pointing at me & telling me to come hug you. I was so happy for you. I remember hugging you & the power of the Lord just shaking us both. I wanted to cry, I was sobbing, but no tears were coming out. I wish I would have got down that night & done the same thing you did. But wow, if there ever was a light for me, it's been you. You are so sweet, so humble. I know that if I ask you to pray, you will, right then. That's such a comfort to me. Hopefully, very soon you will be able to say the same about me.  I once heard someone say that a best friend is someone that even when you only see them every few months, when you do, it's like picking up right where you left off. We have that. We have that the craziness, the laughing, the singing, the talking constantly & that long hug that ends with "I love you sis" at the end of whatever random day we decide to hang out. I love when I get that call (or on the seldom case, when I get to call you) & our conversation goes something like this: "What're you doing?" "Nothing. You?" "Nothing, get ready, we're going to (fill in random destination here)." You have changed my life in so many ways. You've given me a little sister, a partner in crime, a duet singer, a confidant, A BEST FRIEND. I love you so much! 

Always, April 




No comments:

Post a Comment